Friday, September 24, 2004

Who's scruffy lookin'?

Boy, I make one observation about John Kerry and a certain droid from a 27 year old movie, and everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

First, Instapundit links to me, which brings in another surge of web hits, and now James Taranto with OpinionJournal Best of the Web Today has taken my little piece and expanded on it with "Let the Wookie Win".
A blogger called "bkm" has come forth with one of the most inventive insights of the 2004 campaign: John Kerry may actually be C-3PO, the neurotic, English-sounding metallic droid, who by the way served in the Clone Wars. We weren't about to take the word of some jammie-clad no-name, so we went out and bought the "Star Wars" DVD box set, released just this week (Karl Rove must've had something to do with the timing), watched the first movie, which is now called "Star Wars IV" for obscure reasons, and jotted down a bunch of Threepio quotes:
"Some jammie-clad no name" huh? James then takes my idea and comes up with a bunch of other Star Wars quotes along with some of the comments posted by my readers for his piece.

"Some jammie-clad no name"...James, for the record, I'll have you know that I was fully clothed when I wrote that little piece.

Who's scruffy lookin'?

2 Comments:

Blogger Robert Cox said...

You are a genius....brilliant stuff!!!! Crying laughing.

4:43 PM  
Blogger Nicole said...

Congrats on the Best of the Web citation. I was one of the commenters who got quoted and someone who reads my blog as well emailed me to congratulate me, but you totally deserve all the credit for this one - yours was by far the funniest observations I've read about this election. Wallow in that Instalanche and Best of the Web citation!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home