Friday, September 10, 2004

The Party's Over?

Pat Caddell, one of the few democrats left with any sense of honesty and honor, seems to be the only voice of sanity in his party:
"[Democratic officials are] so involved in this," the former Carter pollster worried. "They have gotten themselves so involved in this issue [in] the last 24 hours that somebody's going to, if they're not authentic, they're going to be blamed for it. It's incredible to me that they've gotten in this." Caddell said..."I'm trying to save my party, you know, by telling the truth."
Full transcript is here. He sounds worried. Pat is one of the few dems I listen to, because he's usually dead on target. Just remember this quote:
"I'm a liberal Democrat. I started in Florida politics. I worked for George McGovern. I worked for Jimmy Carter. I've worked for Ted Kennedy, Mario Cuomo. Nobody can question, I think, my credentials and my convictions. But I have to tell you, at this point it's hard to believe, but my party, the party that [my family has] belonged to since my great-great-grandfather, ... has become no longer a party of principles, but has been hijacked by a CONFEDERACY OF GANGSTERS who need to take power by whatever means and whatever canards they can."
-- Patrick Caddell on "Hardball" Nov. 27, 2000

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home