Sunday, January 29, 2006

Random links

I may be Swimming through the Spin...but these days I'm also Suffering through the pain.

Vorticity touches on a smear of our local representitive and an old friend. More details are here too. The Rep. states in the comments on his blog that: "Lets just say sevral "R" are not too pleased with the shinanigans going on and have mentioned takeing bigger more agressive steps."

Newsweek has a story about former Justice Department officials who have turned on Bush and his policies. The magazine uses a lot of shining adjectives and adverbs to describe them, comparing the ringleader to Jimmy Stewart and another as "stocky, rumpled, genial, though possessing an enormous intellect." Nah, no bias here...

There's also this little piece about using Wikipedia to rewrite your own history. I'm betting we're going to see a lot more of this as time goes on.

Two recent posts on this blog: here and here have resulted in an e-mail to me from a Tullahoma Alderman who has the same opinion about the Tullahoma News that I do: mainly that they are biased and can not be trusted. While I shall not identify him, he says:I have witnessed their writers twist the truth, their editor will not publish our Letters to The Editor because it does not agree with the fodder agenda he represents. Other than Board meetings, we do not have a fair and balanced reporting media in Tullahoma -- quite the opposite in fact.
Very unusual for a Board majority not to be heard. One of their reporters actually called me for an interview and I gave it concerning a News article. My views were never published, but the other side got published!! I could go on and on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home