Tuesday, October 19, 2004

More Kerry Supporters

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the folks who tried to help the Communists incinerate us 42 years ago this Saturday would be pulling for John Kerry:

HAVANA, Oct. 19, 2004 -- A multitude of unlikely volunteers is working the phones for Sen. John Kerry in the swing state of Florida. His campaign is unaware of the support, as the volunteers do not live in the United States, but in Communist-run Cuba.

Cubans, angered by a recent Bush administration measure restricting visits home by Cuban-Americans, say they are lobbying relatives hard to vote against the president just two weeks before Election Day. Early voting has already begun in Florida.

"My family in Miami never votes. They are not interested. I told them they had to get rid of Bush, and they all promised to go vote against him," housewife Amilia said, as she leaned over her third-floor balcony in a dilapidated Havana housing project. Amilia, like the other Cubans interviewed, did not want her last name used.

And I have a real good reason for wanting to punch the lights out of some of these animals. You see, October 23, 1962 was the day I was born, so you'll have to excuse me for haboring ugly thoughts for people who tried to kill me as soon as I popped into this world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home