Friday, October 08, 2004

Bremer: Stop spinning my words!

L. Paul Bremer has written a New York Times op-ed piece and he's pretty ticked off about how the Democrats and the MSM are using his comments about Bush's handling of Iraq:

The press has been curiously reluctant to report my constant public support for the president’s strategy in Iraq and his policies to fight terrorism. I have been involved in the war on terrorism for two decades, and in my view no world leader has better understood the stakes in this global war than President Bush...A year and a half ago, President Bush asked me to come to the Oval Office to discuss my going to Iraq to head the coalition authority. He asked me bluntly, "Why would you want to leave private life and take on such a difficult, dangerous and probably thankless job?" Without hesitation, I answered, "Because I believe in your vision for Iraq and would be honored to help you make it a reality." Today America and the coalition are making steady progress toward that vision.
Of course, that's not what the MSM has been reporting. They would rather distort and lie to smear the administration during wartime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home