Sunday, September 05, 2004

Can't the AP get anything right?

I've been sunning myself today, while I still can...so I missed the latest snafu from the Associated Press. Powerline has the details.

I'm really getting concerned about this. Many papers and news services rely on the AP for copy and background on local items or editorials. These distortions or outright lies are mostly going unchallenged except by those of us in the Blogsphere. Either the editors are asleep at the switch, in which case they should be sacked or these blunders are on purpose...and the editors should be sacked.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm floating the idea of forming an informal, ad hoc Associated Press watchdog group. I'd like your input, if you have any.

My idea, in brief, is here.

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home